Who we are and what we do
The KIT Women Professors Forum was established in 2021 by women faculty to highlight the presence of women at the University and to ally for a broad spectrum of joint interests. We welcome women professors of all ranks as members. As a network of women professors at KIT we pursue the following aims:
- VISIBILITY: We enhance visibility of women professors
- SUPPORT: We offer a peer support network, especially also for junior women professors and listen to their needs, issues, and concerns
- PARTICIPATION: We boost participation of women professors through i) information sharing, ii) participation in organizational decision making, iii) enhance process understanding, iv) contributions to relevant committees
- NETWORK: We connect with national and international WPF networks and similar initiatives
- GOVERNANCE: We act as a sounding board and voice to women professors at KIT towards governance bodies and assume a diversity advisory function
- CONTRIBUTION: We provide a significant contribution to enhance research excellence and innovation at KIT through gender diversity and transparency
- CELEBRATION: We celebrate diversity as its recognition proves to raise satisfaction for all. We create occasions to share and have fun!
Find more information in our flyer.
Am 30. Juni 2022 ist es nun soweit! Nach einem internen Vorlauf lädt das Women Professors Forum am KIT zu seiner Kick-off Veranstaltung ein.
We congratulate Inge Hinterwaldner for winning a ERC Consolidator Grant awarded by the EU. This allows her to conduct in-depth transdisciplinary research on net art. Have a look at her project "Coded Secrets: Artistic Interventions Hidden in the Digital Fabric"
We congratulate Almut Arneth for winning the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preis 2022 from the German Science Foundation (DFG). It is one of the most prestigious prizes in Germany awarded for her research on ecosystems impacted by global climate change.
Here is an opportunity to join a think tank on women in leading positions.